Content of this article:
General color characteristic
Any color has a set of characteristics that is inherent only to him and which allows him to have a specific effect on the atmosphere in the room and on the mood of the people who are in it.
Blue reminds about the sky and the sea
Blue color has the following features:
- Positive effect on space. Blue is a light cold color, and it is common for them to visually enlarge any room. Suitable for small kitchens, for narrow kitchens or for low-ceiling kitchens - it will visually give a feeling of spaciousness and comfort.
- Positive effect on the mental state of a person. It has long been proven that different colors are perceived by people differently. Pure black lowers mood, screaming red speeds up reactions and makes a person excitable. On the blue, human eyes rest. It calms, slightly inhibits the reaction of the nervous system, helps to tune in to a peaceful, measured mood. If you have a nervous job, you constantly need to run and stress permeates through your life, this color will help you calm down a bit and bring a corner of the world into your life.
- Specific atmosphere. Blue, as already mentioned, is a cool color. And this means that the interior in it will look cool and strict. In order for the kitchen not to be a result of being uncomfortable and uninhabitable in appearance, it is necessary to take into account the window arrangement. If it goes north, it is better to choose a different color. If west or east, you might think. If to the south - to make it uncomfortable and cool will not come out, except in very cloudy days.
Positive effect on the human psyche
To paint everything only in blue is obviously a bad idea, since everything will look monotonous, monotonous and merge with each other. So much the better, that this color is combined with a large number of other colors and their shades - both bright and faded, both warm and cold.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
What are we going to paint?
In any kitchen there is a huge amount of objects and surfaces that can be painted blue, while the effect produced will be dramatically different.
And the walls and ceiling are in tune to the main colorreturn to menu ↑
The main color of the room is used for its decoration. You can perform in the blue wall, floor, ceiling, and furniture to put a completely different, albeit a suitable shade, and as a result the kitchen will still seem blue.
It depends on the properties of the material how the applied color will look on it.
Laminate flooring is beautiful but not very practical.
The following coatings may be applied on the floor:
- Tile. The most frequent solution for the kitchen is easy to clean, does not absorb anything, it looks beautiful, it lasts a very long time and does not change color at all. Two minuses - it cracks easily, if you drop something on it, and it is also very easy to slip on it. The blue tile looks interesting, slightly shiny. The main feature in the design - using tiles you can make intricate patterns on the floor.
- Linoleum. It is made of polymers, therefore it wears out faster, serves less and costs less. Nothing sticks to it either, no traces remain on it, it is easy to clean, but it can be scratched. His color palette is very rich, so you can choose any shade of blue. The main feature in the design - with the help of linoleum, you can make the floor very smooth and glossy, shiny.
- Laminate. Made of glued on the boards of chipboard polymer film. It reacts poorly to water if it gets into the seams, but it is easy to wash and lasts longer than linoleum. Usually they make it look like a tree, because blue laminate looks interesting and a bit strange - as if there were plants with blue wood in the world. The main feature in the design - with the help of laminate you can replace the parquet, which does not exist in blue tones and which is not put in the kitchen.
Linoleum - serves less and is cheaper
You can just paint the floor, but the paint quickly wears out and peels off. Carpet in the kitchen can not be laid, because it is difficult to clean, and the flooring will very quickly become unusable.BoardIf you like tile, but you are afraid that it will be slippery, find a batch with a special rough coating, on which you can not slip.
Goes well with whitereturn to menu ↑
The following coatings may be on the walls:
- Wallpaper. In the kitchen, you can not use paper, but you can non-woven or glass fiber. They are beautiful, durable, not afraid of changes in temperature and moisture, come with patterns and colors, they are many - you can easily find a suitable shade of blue.
- Paint. It looks simple, allows you to make a painting, but you need to have some experience and a light hand, otherwise the whole wall will be in trickles. Keep in mind that when drying, the paint usually brightens, because to focus on the drawn finished tone, and not on the one that you see on the walls when you first spend on them with a brush.
- Plaster. Decorative plaster allows you to make the surface is not just blue, but also relief - and, unlike wallpaper, it will not have any seams at all. This solution is best if you want your walls to be associated with water - you can easily make whimsical waves on them.
- Clapboard. These are panels that are made of wood, painted in blue, so it will look like laminate - just as amazing as if there were plants with blue wood in the world. Unless, of course, you decide to buy a wall panel, which will have so many layers of paint that the original shade will not look through at all.
- Plastic panels. Crack from any blow, but have a huge palette to choose from - you can choose plastic of any color, with any pattern. It will fail quite quickly and is not suitable for classic interiors, but it can be useful.
Painting the walls is a practical solution.BoardIf you do not know what material to choose, be guided by style. So, for Provence, you need wallpaper (and with a pattern), for Scandinavian paint, for minimalism, too, paint or plaster, but in the classics you can't do without lining. Return to menu
The ceiling can also be from different materials:
- PVC Stretch. This ceiling is bright, glossy, beautiful, but it interferes with the exchange of humidity in the room and you can spoil it in one awkward movement - it breaks very easily. It looks good only in modern styles, because during the formation of styles of classic glossy ceilings, in principle, did not exist. Required to hire professional workers.
- Stretch fabric. It does not tear and passes moisture, but it will be harder and seams will surely be on it. It looks interesting, it can be painted on it - very effectively, thanks to the texture, there will be such a ceiling, depicting a sky with clouds.
- Plaster. Classic. It also looks convex, interesting, it is very easy to make patterns on it, it does not dampen and serves for a long time.
- Drywall. Allows you to form on the ceiling on several levels, which is very useful for zoning. He will have a beautiful uniform color, plus it is very hard to spoil. But in order to attach it, you will have to hire professional workers, most likely.
- Paint. The easiest way is to apply yourself, if you act accurately and carefully, otherwise there will always be drips. It looks unassuming and simple, not suitable for all styles.
Combine the ceiling with a common interior
There are also plastic panels, but they have a very specific appearance and they are used most often in non-residential premises, because they are combustible and emit a specific unpleasant smell.BoardChoose a ceiling too, proceeding from style.
Paint does not fit all styles.
It will be interesting to you:
Interior with sourness: + 135 Photos of the kitchen in yellow. We start the morning cheerfully and sunny
Brown kitchen in an interior (120 + Photo) - Successful combinations for Smart ideas
The magic of color that affects our perception of the interior: Design of a red kitchen in bright colors (115+ Photos)return to menu ↑
It is important not only to choose a practical beautiful blue material for decoration - it is also important to combine it with the others so that it looks good. It plays primarily the color of the material, since the properties of everything that can be applied in the kitchen are more or less similar.
Small kitchen design
The combination depends on the characteristics of the kitchen:
- If the kitchen is frankly small. Blue color in this case can be a real salvation, and in order to visually expand the space, you need to choose the lightest shades of it - from a slightly darker floor to a completely transparent-weightless ceiling. Mirrors, photo wallpapers with a sea view, glossy surface of the floor and ceiling can be useful - of course, not all at once, but just one thing.
- If the kitchen is frankly large. This happens when the room is larger than necessary to feel comfortable. In this case, dark shades of blue combined with bright accents will do - they will reduce the kitchen, the walls will be slightly shifted. However, it is very important not to convey, not to use too dark color and not to forget about the bright accent, otherwise the impression may turn out to be gloomy.
Chic light blue kitchen
- If the kitchen is too high. When you enter such a room, it seems that you have entered a St. Petersburg well-yard. To avoid this, you need to make the ceiling darker than the rest. It can be a shade of blue or a contrasting color to it - the main thing is to get the impression that the ceiling is lower than it actually is.
- If the kitchen is too low. Then the ceiling, on the contrary, should be light, and everything else is darker. Vertical stripes will look good - they will make the walls seem to be higher.
- If the kitchen is too narrow. In this case, you can do differently. Put a floor with a diagonal pattern on the floor, make a wall-paper on one of the walls, use the lightest shades of blue. One wall can be distinguished - most often the one that is in the butt - so that it draws attention to itself and it seems that it is closer than it actually is. To do this, you can use a contrasting color - yellow or orange. Although suitable and colorful decoration in the spirit of intricate painting.
- If the kitchen is too wide. Then the walls are made darker, and the floor and ceiling are lighter. As a result, she seemed pulled up.
For a wide kitchen it is better to make light walls and a ceiling.
Finishing is a complicated matter, but if you approach it with patience and fantasy, the result will be amazing.BoardInstead of selecting materials yourself, use the ready-made style and then you will be sure that the result will be good. Return to the menu return to the menu
If you talk about what materials are, you can and without a clear reference to the style, then here in the case of furniture without it can not do. There are too many kitchen sets, dining corners and decor items, so that you can first explain what they are, and then choose something appropriate from the variety.
Blue color looks good in both classic and modern interior styles.return to menu ↑
This is a style that was formed in Europe in the eighteenth century and was particularly popular in France:
- Floor. Only and exclusively tile - does not recognize any other materials of the classic. And cheap varieties can be immediately struck out of consideration, it should be an expensive painted or patterned tile, beautiful in itself.
- Ceiling. Of course, it would be strange to support it with pillars in a modern apartment, but stucco and different levels may well take place. If this seems to you to be very pompous, you can make a thin floral pattern along the edge of the ceiling — elegant and not too noticeable.
- Walls. Natural materials soothing shades. Nothing screaming, and, of course, no plastic panels.
- Furniture. Classic, from real wood. No special pomp, the only thing that is acceptable as a decoration - carving.
- Lighting. On the windows of fabric curtains of a dark shade. Under the ceiling is a small, elegant chandelier, you can forged. On the table must be a lamp under the lampshade.
- Decor. Textiles moderate, without an accent. Trinkets are extremely expensive, with a claim to historicity. The painted plates, cups, a couple of statuettes somewhere on the shelves, beautiful cutlery, an elegant kettle to warm on the stove will work well.
The classics is beautiful. There are no particularly bright accents, blue can be combined with white, beige and real wood colors.BoardClassic requires a certain conservatism. Technical devices - the same coffee maker or steamer - it is better not to put it in a prominent place.
Furniture made of real woodreturn to menu ↑
This is the seventeenth century, France - the opposition to the bulky styles of the time. The main property of Provence - airiness and lightness, to which the blue color fits just fine:
- Floor. The tile, which is by no means smooth - exceptionally rough, can even make it artificially old, so that it looks like a natural stone. Patterns on it is not provided, but you can lay a small carpet.
- Walls. Natural materials - wallpaper, wall paneling, natural stone trim. Vegetative patterns are allowed, which will not make the interior heavier, but make it more interesting.
- Ceiling. No stretch ceilings and drywall. Exceptionally paint or plaster, plus wooden beams - it’s good if it is real, but you can also make a high-quality imitation. All together should give a sense of a country house.
- Nuances of finishing. Doors should be made of light wood, preferably with traces of time that can be applied artificially. Windows the more, the better (but not panoramic), preferably with snow-white wooden frames.
- Furniture. Be sure to classic outlines, easy. The material is wood, can be painted or with carved patterns. A good solution would be to put wicker chairs and chairs, with blue cushions on the seats, to make it more comfortable.
- Lighting. Natural - it is emphasized, a curtain of light fabrics, it is possible in the style of a cafe, where half of the window remains open all the time. Artificial - imitating candles or small lamps under bright lampshades. The light should be yellowish, warm, diffused and very comfortable.
- Decor. The Provence can not do without cute little accessories. On the table, be sure to have a vase with fresh flowers (it can become a beautiful accent in the blue kitchen, since pink and scarlet combine well with it), on the windowsill there are ceramic pots with flowers. Spices in special glass jars, on each paper faded from time to time tag. As a native bird cage fit - forged, antique-looking.
With elements of aging
You can combine blue with milky-white, with beige, with light green, cream, lilac, pale pink, olive.BoardLike the classics, Provence does not tolerate technological innovations that are exposed. Therefore, it is better to put your favorite mixer in the cupboard and get it only during the cooking process. Return to the menu
He came to us from the northern countries and its main feature is a great love for open space and sunlight.
Functional, harmonious, this style differs from minimalism, which has similar principles, in that it is distinctly classical:
- Floor. Usually use laminate, not blue, and the color of light wood. To make it more comfortable, add a warm carpet of one of those colors that the style takes.
- Walls. Wall paneling, brick, paint or plaster. You can forget about plastic panels right away, about wallpaper too - naturalness is at the forefront, and neither plastic nor synthetic fiber fit into it.
- Ceiling. The plastered ceiling looks best - this is how it was trimmed when the style was just being born. It would be nice to look dye or stretched fabric - but certainly without seams and without any gloss.
The most important thing in this style is naturalness.
- Furniture. Solid, made of wood, simple in the most classical sense.If you want to use textiles in the decor - for example, to wrap chairs around the seats - you need to use natural fabrics. Closed cabinets should be avoided, since the Scandinavian style provides maximum openness and considers shelves the best solution. In the kitchen, you can beat that as an interesting idea.
- Lighting. The window must be wooden, and the frame is best painted white. Curtains as light as possible, made of natural fabric, you can remove them altogether so that they do not interfere with the passage of sunlight. The rest of the lighting is organized with the help of an abundance of small lamps - it must be a desk lamp, be sure to add sconces to it and, if the kitchen has a sofa, a floor lamp. Light as much as possible, and it should be pleasant.
- Decor. More results of natural crafts - wicker baskets, self-made statuettes, embroidery, knitted tablecloths. A lot of textiles made from natural fabrics, white ceramic plates and cups with blue patterns. You can add fresh flowers in ceramic pots.
The main thing is that the newcomer has a feeling of spaciousness and light.BoardNo need to get too many things. Scandinavian style loves free space on the shelves.
Do not forget about good lighting
Of course, these are not all styles in which you can decorate the blue kitchen. You can apply country, minimalism, look in the direction of the loft or marine style.
Follow your taste preferencesreturn to menu ↑